Creating the Container in AD
- Open the Active Directory Service Interfaces Editor(adsiedit.msc)
- Right-click the ADSI Edit object in the left tree and select Connect To.
- In most environments it should be sufficient to connect to the Default Naming Context, so the defaults are ok. Click Ok
- Once connected, expand the connection object and then right click the domain’s container and select New > Object…
- Provide a value for the name of the container
- Select container as the class. Click Next
- Click Finish
- Now the container is created but you will still need to take note of the distinguishedName property of the container and provide it to VMM during installation.
- Right-Click the container and select Properties
- Now provide this text string (“CN=SCVMM,DC=MSCLOUD07,DC=com”) to the VMM installer during VMM installation.